Sunday, March 4, 2012

What are cons to manipulating DNA or genetic engineering?

I have to write a paper for biology about whether or not I agree or disagree with manipulating DNA. I know that I disagree with manipulating DNA but I need 3 reasons why I disagree with it. I have one reason and that is that it is immoral. I NEED 2 more. Please help!!!!!!!! Thanks. Oh, and please explain your reason that you disagree with it!What are cons to manipulating DNA or genetic engineering?
-It could lead to shelf babies. This means that pretty soon people are going to want to pick out their child like they do a puppy or a dress. Not a goo thing in any way.



-A lack of variety. People are going toward all their children to be smart, kind, compassionate and successful. Not to mention many people are probably going to genetically change their child to fit the cultures ideal beauty. Everybody would be almost the same and nobody wold be unique anymore.



-The child has no willpower. The parents get to choose who the child is. The child becomes like a blank sheet of paper that they get to design to their own selfish desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment