Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What is the best clinic for a DNA test for family history purposes?

I want to have a DNA test to see where my early ancestors came from. I know there are lots on the internet,but far too many as with much on the net. I wondered if anyone into family history,in the UK if possible had,had any dealings with anyone and could reccomend them? and the cost too.please.What is the best clinic for a DNA test for family history purposes?
I will say www.familytreedna.com. They are the oldest such, have the largest database (hence more likely to be able to match others) and do the DNA testing for the National Geographics Genotype Program, which traces human migration patterns worldwide. Of course, some of the other companies have made break-throughs, as was the case of the Family Finder tests.



The biggest portion of my ancestry comes from the British Isles (B.I.). By saying B.I., I include ALL of the islands; U.K. excludes parts of Ireland and others. So, I can say it definitely works for the B.I., the Netherlands, Scandinavia, France, Spain...What is the best clinic for a DNA test for family history purposes?
Thanks for Best Answer!!!! :) Your reply re "British Isles" is why I use it: so Ireland, Isle of Mann %26amp; Channel Islands are included. Also, I have read that some of the North Sea islands are not part of the U.K....

Report Abuse

What is the best clinic for a DNA test for family history purposes?
There is no "best" company, but for a very simple Y-DNA test for early ancestors only, nothing about more recent ancestors, the National Geographic Genographic Project 鈥?tracing the path of human migration through genetic testing, is probably your best source. These tests are not designed for genealogical research. The cost is 拢71.94.

https://genographic.nationalgeographic.c鈥?/a>

.
The only one that I know of that has a good success rate would be www.ancestry.com or try www.rootsweb.com , I use these two websites often. It is much better if you have an account with ancestry.com so you get more info, but you can get some info without an account. they have a DNA project and If I am not mistaken, I think you can get info without an account for the DNA project, or have you tried just to google your last name and type in your last name and dna project? it could be there already possibly. Try different ways to type it if you don't see any links. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment