Saturday, March 10, 2012

What are the most accurate and price friendly DNA test kits for dogs?

Looking for an at home dog DNA test that is fairly accurate and not as expensive as veterinarian administered blood tests. The purpose of this test is out of curiosity and not necessity... Any input is appreciated...thank you for your help!What are the most accurate and price friendly DNA test kits for dogs?
Hay I'm getting mine done on my husky mix too!

I bought mine a couple days ago so it still hasn't came in the mail yet it's called the DNA Breed Identification from BioPet it cost about $44

but hay it will solve my curiosity once I get the information back.
I really have to question the validity of these tests. I know it's anecdotal, but I know someone who paid their vet over $200 for a DNA test, and the results identified their dog as being Toy Poodle crossed with Shih-Tzu along with a few others, all small breeds. Her dog weighs almost 100 pounds. When she complained the testing company said that the Vet didn't send in a picture. After they got a picture it appears as though they just guessed from the picture.



That being said, the cheapest one I could find was BioPet @ $44.95:

http://www.biopetvetlab.com/dnahome.htmWhat are the most accurate and price friendly DNA test kits for dogs?
I tried one from dog dna and it worked out for me , if you pay over $200

then it is too expensive
For what purpose? To determine parentage or breed? The AKC has one that is about $35. but it will not tell you what kind of dog you have.What are the most accurate and price friendly DNA test kits for dogs?
There are NO accurate ones for breed. Save your money.

No comments:

Post a Comment